2 cups Basmati Rice
1/2 cup Beans, cut diagonally into thin strips
1/2 cup carrot, Cut into long or square strips
1 big chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped spring onion
1/2 cup chopped cabbage
3 tsp ghee/ dalda for frying vegetables
2 tbsp oil for cooking rice
1/2 cup capsicum ( not necessary)
1. Soak basmati rice in water for good 30 minutes. Drain it
2. Take a curved pan. Boil 8 cups of water adding 2 tsp oil and required salt. Then add the rice and cook till it becomes cooked.
3. Drain the hot water and wash the cooked rice in the tap water. Because the rice will become overcooked when it is hot.
4. Cut the vegetables and one big onion into square pieces or long thin pieces
5. First semi fry the onion by adding dalda/ghee
6. Then add vegetables and cook for 2 minutes by adding required salt. Add 1/2 tsp soya sauce. Mix well.
Add cooked rice and 2 tsp pepper powder and mix well.
Cook for 2 minutes in low flame, add salt if needed and then turn off the gas and garnish with coriander leaves.
We can serve hot with tomato sauce and chilly Gobi
Here, other recipes