- 1.5 cups desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- ⅔ cup organic unrefined cane sugar or regular sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3-4 cardamoms, husked and powdered in a mortar-pestle (optional)
how to make the recipe:
- mix the sugar with the water and dissolve it.
- if there are impurities than strain the sugar solution.
- keep the sugar solution on fire and on a low flame cook the solution.
- the solution will start to thicken and continue to cook till you get the one thread consistency in the sugar solution.
- switch off the flame and add the dessicated coconut and cardamom powder to the sugar solution.
- quickly stir and make small balls from the mixture.
- if the heat is too much too handle, wait for a few minutes till you are comfortable in making the ladoos.
- the mixture should be hot or warm while making the ladoos.
- if the mixture become cold, then making the ladoos is impossible.
- in this case, return the pan or bowl on the fire and slightly warm the mixture and continue to make the ladoos.
- serve the coconut ladoos as naivedyam or bhog to lord ganesha.