1/4 kg Red pumpkin sliced
2-3 Green chilly
1 cup Thick coconut milk
3 tbsp Red chowli (Vanpayar) (soaked in water overnight)
2 tsp Coconut oil
Few curry leaves
1. Cook the sliced pumpkin, green chilly with salt.
2. Pressure cook the red chowli(vanpayar) with little salt in cooker for one whistle.
3. When the pumpkin is cooked, add vanpayar in it and mix well. Boil for a minute.
4. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and remove from gas. After adding coconut milk do not boil. Then garnish with curry leaves.
5. It is an accompaniment for sambar typically made during sadya (feast).